[squeak-dev] Re: Meeting Report for 8/18/2010

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Aug 21 03:34:44 UTC 2010

On 8/20/2010 7:30 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> On 8/20/10 9:04 AM, "Juan Vuletich"<juan at jvuletich.org>  wrote:
>> Andreas and Juan would like to find a way to leverage the work done to
>> reduce Cuis for Squeak. Ideally, Squeak would become a smaller kernel,
>> about the size of Cui
>
> You have a kernel and this is the Pharo Kernel, mostly Pavel work.

I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about, can you elaborate? Is
there an image to look at and learn from? So far, I found Cuis to be the
best alternative.

> Why smart people like both you desire do all again ?

Mostly because doing something like that requires help from the people
who have done it before. I haven't seen a post from Pavel in two years;
to me that is a clear expression of disinterest. Contrary to which Juan
isn't only present, but he's also ran and be elected to the Squeak board
and has repeatedly expressed his willingness to help. All other things
being equal, that seems like a vast advantage, wouldn't you agree?

Cheers,
   - Andreas