[squeak-dev] [Cuis] System-StartupManager(alpha)

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 08:02:05 UTC 2010

Hi Andreas,

Code exports from my Cuis2.0 image are available from my stable
branch, in the CuisDevExport directory.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/stable-kph/revision

The SystemManager is exported as a base class, and the implementation
in the following 2 files:

1) CuisDevExport/updates-0bases/0001-StartupManager-base.st
2) CuisDevExport/updates-System-Support/0001-StartupManager-(startup-
shutdown).st

The reason for this split is that this same code could equally be
deployed into SmalltalkImage, an existing class, so the actual
implementation fileout (2) merely names its perquisite class, and
interfaces like so.

pkg requiresClass: StartupManager class interface: #(#current).
pkg requiresObject: 'self systemNavigation' interface:
#(#allClassesRespondingTo:do:)'.
pkg systemProtocol: 'system-startup-shutdown'.

This code should be image agnostic. The same code but with the
integration patches needed to load it into Cuis2.0base are in the
CuisDevLoad directory. Including.

CuisDevLoad/updates--new-api/0005-SystemDictionary-
allClassesRespondingTo:do:.st
CuisDevLoad/updates--new-api/0006-Object-systemNavigation.st

regards

Keith
=====
The latest instructions for working on Cuis2.0 are here:
http://launchpad.net/cuis

Actual images are available:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~keithy/cuis/builds/files

or

bzr checkout --lightweight lp:/~keithy/cuis/builds