[squeak-dev] Re: Generator example: Nested log file compression

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 11 07:36:24 UTC 2010

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Andreas> Now that we have both a compression algorithm and generators, let's put them
> Andreas> together. Attached is a (slightly more compact) version of my compression
> Andreas> script for Eliot that can be used like this:
>
> Could I nudge someone to look at Xtreams instead?  I think you're reinventing
> a lot of stuff that's already done, and from what I understand, Cincom is
> putting Xtreams under the MIT license.

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't Xtreams a stream *framework*?
Generator is a single class with a total of 13 methods. Not exactly what
I'd consider as reinventing a lot of stuff (in particular given that the
implementation is both fun, educational, and mind-twisting). As for
licensing: Wake me up when it actually happened and there is code to
download. You of all people should know how long license changes can
take :-)

Cheers,
   - andreas