[squeak-dev] [ANN] [Cuis] Cuis 2.1 is available. Lots of cool stuff inside!

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Feb 12 16:11:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've just updated Cuis to 2.1 at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html .
> From the release notes:
>
> Cuis Release notes
> Only the most relevant Cuis specific changes are detailed here. To see all of
> them, browse the numbered changes themselves, that are part of this release.
> Cuis official site is http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html .
>
> New in Cuis 2.1
> - Support for the Unary numeral system, as suggested by Dan Ingalls at
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2000-March/013368.html
> - A new code differ that shows differences in words and not lines, by Leandro
> Caniglia
> - Closure measurements (based on work by Eliot Miranda) are shown in the
> annotation pane for any method
> - Removal of 43 isXXX methods, replaced by the general #is: method
> - Misc. fixes and enhancements from Squeak and/or Pharo
>
> New in Cuis 2.0
> - Cuis is now closure-enabled. The closure examples xxxx work, and Cuis is
> ready to run on the Cog VM (when available). Cuis 2.0 requires a
> closures-enabled VM
>
> I recommend everybody to see the new class comment in Number, and try the new
> number format! The alternative code differ by Leando, based on words and not
> lines is worth trying too. Finally, the Closure measurements for every method
> are instructive and useful. Warning: I fixed 2 bugs in Eliot's code, as I
> said in
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-February/144120.html
> .

I tried the new number format, it works, but Shout doesn't know about it
and 1r1e1 is parsed as 1r1 e1.

You can also get the word based diff using TextDiffBuilder by subclassing
it and overriding #split:. Actually ClassDiffBuilder does exactly this, so
using ClassDiffBuilder instead of TextDiffBuilder will give you the
expected result.

The Closure measurements are really cool, but I think the descriptions
are a bit too long for a single line annotation pane.

Levente