[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2010!
Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez
miguel.coba at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:51:46 UTC 2010
El jue, 18-02-2010 a las 00:14 +0100, Göran Krampe escribió:
> Dear Squeakers,
> Approximately one year has passed and it is hight time for us to kick
> another Squeak Oversight Board Election into gear!
Honest question, in the sight of the known discussions about the current
1. Will some kind of Terms of Reference will be created to
limit/establish/clear the responsibilities/powers/obligations of the new
2. Will some kind of gentleman agreement will be proposed for this new
board (and of course subsequent ones) that avoids that the new board
throws the previous board work and objectives for their new ones (and by
implication, upsetting people that worked for the previous objectives).
3. What will avoid that each new board makes from squeak its own
playground that will end with the board term. In the long term this will
kill the community, as we have seen this year.
4. What about the concerns of people about the members with voting
power. What prevents that in some election:
4.1 only or mostly voters are the ones happy with the current board,
perpetuating the same members of the current board in the new board
4.2 everyone votes, even the ones that haven't interest (economical,
financial, educative, code donated or contributed) or a real, earned,
right to vote
5. What about the "constitution" of Squeak, so many of this problems can
be fully avoided.
That is what comes to mind right now.
More information about the Squeak-dev