[squeak-dev] #cull: protocol

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Feb 21 17:00:16 UTC 2010

I uploaded a new version of the Kernel package (Kernel-ul.403) to the
Inbox. It adds the #cull: protocol to BlockClosure. #cull: is pretty much
like #value:, but can be send to blocks without arguments. The
implementation contains #cull:, #cull:cull:, #cull:cull:cull: and
#cull:cull:cull:cull:. There's also a new version of KernelTests
(KernelTests-ul.140) which implements tests for these methods.
The pros and cons of these methods can be found here:
(though I think portability will be an advantage soon).
If nobody disagrees I'll add these to the Trunk in a few days.