[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Candidate list with 11 candidates is final, 6 days until election starts!

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 06:29:06 UTC 2010

Miguel,

Part of the reason the kitchen sink is still in Trunk is because we
need to replay all of those changes on the (MIT/Apache licensed)
Squeak 4.0 release, which isn't out yet. In fact, in a Trunk image you
can run [ Smalltalk unloadAllKnownPackages ] and get most of the way
toward a minimal base image (I mean, even the preferences browser is
gone.)

So while you're pointing fingers, may as well point at me first; as
the 4.0 release team, I'm the single biggest block to modularity until
I ship it:)

BTW, there's a release candidate for 4.0 now. We're getting there!

--
Casey a.k.a. Ron