[squeak-dev] [Squeak 4.0] Last Call

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Mar 14 06:19:52 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> I don't see why those VM fixes would be necessary if the few known improvement issues with the 3.10.2 image are not.
>
> I think both should be done myself but others here are saying not.
> So it seems to me, neither or both.

I'm sure you know it Ken, but to make it 100% clear: only the source code
in the image/sources file is frozen for 4.0. So no, those fixes won't get
into 4.0. But we are free to ship 4.0 with the latest vm. This has the
advantage that when people update to 4.1, they won't have to download a
new vm, just the image, because the vm packed with 4.0 will just work
fine.

Levente