[squeak-dev] 4.1 release tasks

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Mar 19 09:32:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Alexander Lazarević wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 17:30, Alexander Lazarević <laza at blobworks.com>
> wrote:
>> I could help with this from the linux side
>
> So this is the result for an up to date trunk image on my linux machine:
>
>          class           |            selector            | result
> --------------------------+--------------------------------+---------
> BitBltTest               | testAllAlphasRgbAdd            | failure
> BitBltTest               | testAllAlphasRgbMax            | failure
> BitBltTest               | testAllAlphasRgbMin            | failure
> BitBltTest               | testAllAlphasRgbMinInvert      | failure
> BitBltTest               | testAllAlphasRgbMul            | failure
> BitBltTest               | testAllAlphasRgbSub            | failure

The above 6 are vm bugs, fixed in newer vms.

> ClosureCompilerTest      | testDebuggerTempAccess         | failure
> ClosureCompilerTest      | testInjectIntoDecompilations   | failure
> ClosureCompilerTest      | testInjectIntoDecompiledDebugs | failure
> DebuggerUnwindBug        | testUnwindDebuggerWithStep     | failure

AFAIK the above four are known bugs, Eliot has the fixes, the have to be
integrated sometime.

> FontTest                 | testParagraphFallback          | failure

Nicolas fixed that one.

> LocaleTest               | testIsFontAvailable            | failure

This is font dependent. We should probably add it to expected failures if
the default font is not Accuny.

> MCChangeNotificationTest | testCoreMethodModified         | failure

That one is related to system change notifications. If you run this test
alone, it passes.

> PackageDependencyTest    | testCompiler                   | failure
> PackageDependencyTest    | testMorphic                    | failure
> PackageDependencyTest    | testSUnit                      | failure
> PackageDependencyTest    | testTools                      | failure

These were fixed earlier.

> RenderBugz               | testHeading                    | failure

Never seen this one failing on windows.

> SMDependencyTest         | test2                          | error

VM bug, will be fixed in the next vm release.

> SqNumberParserTest       | testFloatGradualUnderflow      | failure
> SqNumberParserTest       | testFloatPrintString           | failure

Nicolas fixed these two.

> TileMorphTest            | testArrowAction                | error

Fixed earlier.

> WorldStateTest           | testDeferredUIQueueTimeout     | failure

Never seen this failing on windows.

> with expected failures or errors:
>
>          class          |       selector        | result
> -------------------------+-----------------------+---------
> MirrorPrimitiveTests    | testMirrorAt          | error
> MirrorPrimitiveTests    | testMirrorEqEq        | error
> MirrorPrimitiveTests    | testMirrorInstVarAt   | error
> MirrorPrimitiveTests    | testMirrorPerform     | error
> MirrorPrimitiveTests    | testMirrorSize        | error

These require vm support.

> AllocationTest          | testOneGigAllocation  | failure
> AllocationTest          | testOutOfMemorySignal | failure

Fixed in newer vms.

> MultiByteFileStreamTest | testNonAsciiBackChunk | error

I'll probably fix #backChunk for UTF8 encoding this weekend.

Levente