[squeak-dev] Re: 4.1 status update / trunk feature freeze / release candidate

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 04:08:32 UTC 2010

2010/3/28 Josh Gargus <josh at schwa.ca>:
> What would happen if Squeak is uninstalled (leaving behind the file associations) and then some other software is installed that want to use those file associations?  If the new software installer happily stomps the associations, then maybe it's not such a big deal.

You are correct. Furthermore, I believe the previous association, if
any, will not be restored when Squeak is uninstalled. It will also
display the "open with" window when someone will double click on an
image. This is the behaviour I have on Win7. It's probably much more
relax on WinXP or earlier version.

> Thanks very much for working on the installer, Ian!

I'm glad I can make a little contribution. :)

> Cheers,
> Josh

Ian.
--