[squeak-dev] Re: plain text file

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Mar 30 20:19:52 UTC 2010

Hi Hans,

BH> Don't know... I just want the simple plain kind of file that Squeak used to produce....
I think this has to do with the transition to UTF8 which is slower and
not understood everywhere.

You have to revert to StandardFileStream.

I just tried the following snippet from 3.8 in trunk:
| fileStream |
        fileStream := StandardFileStream
                                forceNewFileNamed:  'addedItems.txt'.
        fileStream ascii.
        fileStream nextPutAll: 'gagaÄÖÜßöäü'.
        fileStream close

and could open it in an old, non UTF8 aware editor.

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net