[squeak-dev] [Documentation] Classes with class comment with size > 1000 chars

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Sun May 2 19:23:04 UTC 2010

Hi Hannes,

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> The following gives all the classes which have a comment which is
> longer than 1000 chars.

ah. You're on this too. Good. :-)

Some metrics that I find interesting are these:

[ Smalltalk allClasses size ] - that would be 2033 in my Trunk image.

[ Smalltalk allClasses select: [ :class |
	class organization classComment = ''  ] ] - this gives me an Array
with 814 entries.

So, of 2033 classes in the image, 814 have no class comment *at all*.
That's 40 %, and *that* is a shame.

In the inspector of the Array I got from above,

[ self collect: [ :class | class category ] into: Set new ]

gives me all the categories where the undocumented classes reside.
There are many Kernel-* categories on that list, and also many *-Tests
ones. (Just a quick glimpse.)

> Questions:
> 1) How do I get them only once?

This:

[ Smalltalk allClasses select: [ :class | class organization
classComment size > 1000] ]

gives me 130 (just updated my Trunk image).

> 2) How do I get them sorted in the dictionary?

A dictionary is not sorted by default. Or is it?

Best,

Michael