[squeak-dev] Can not load Aliens FFI in Squeak 4.1

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed May 5 21:55:14 UTC 2010

On 6 May 2010 00:25, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 01:38:48PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Dmitry Matveev <dmm1989 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello Eliot,
>> >
>> > I have not found it in my system (I use the Squeak vm from the Debian
>> > Unstable repository).
>> > I've downloaded the Squeak vm for Linux from the official site and
>> > even have not found this plugin in that archive.
>> >
>> > Where I can obtain it for the i686 GNU/Linux system (or for Windows as
>> > a last resort)?
>> > Building from the source is also accepted.
>> >

>>  http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms/Cross/plugins/IA32ABI
>
> FWIW, I can confirm that the plugin builds cleanly on the latest Subversion
> and VMMaker versions, although I cannot confirm whether the resulting plugin
> works correctly (presumably yes, but I have not tried it).

Except from Win32.
On Win32 it doesn't builds cleanly. The platform-side sources still
need to be fixed. I were able to build it after manually patching 3-4
places (see other thread dedicated to it few days ago).
And image-side code can't be loaded cleanly on 4.1 images.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.