[squeak-dev] Pie-menu-like soft keyboard?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:13:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

Found this post from some time ago:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-March/114744.html
(Squeak on handhelds)

In particular the following drew my interest (capital smphasis is mine):

I've seen and started poking at Tansel's 4MB previously-commercial
demo image, all of Aaron Reichow's images, and Pavel's KernelImages
(which I'd prefer going forward since I can automate builds of them
that way). Craig says he has a PIE-MENU-LIKE SOFT KEYBOARD TOOL that
he uses on touchscreens, which sounds interesting.

Is this pie-menu soft keyboard code available anywhere?

I'd try to adopt it for Android since its own soft keyboard input
method integration still has some issues, and it also covers about 1/3
of the screen in landscape mode.

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky