[squeak-dev] Re: 4.2 tests status

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jan 20 22:23:15 UTC 2011

On 1/20/2011 6:53 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Chris Muller wrote:
>
>> We're down to just the following failing tests (2202 VM):
>>
>> 1 CompilerExceptionsTest>>#testUnusedVariable
>> 2 DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesMAtoMM
>> 3 DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesSNtoSZ
>> 4 ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction
>> 5 MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorAt
>> 6 MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorInstVarAt
>> 7 ProcessTest>>#testAtomicSuspend
>> 8 StandardSystemFontsTest>>#testRestoreDefaultFonts
>>
>> This is the list when run with the latest Cog VM:
>>
>> 1 CompilerExceptionsTest>>#testUnusedVariable
>> 2 DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesMAtoMM
>> 3 DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesSNtoSZ
>> 4 ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction
>> 9 FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd
>
> This one is passing for me.
>
>> 10 MorphicUIBugTest>>#testShowAllBinParts
>>
>> 1, 4, 5, 6 and 9 are VM-related and cannot be fixed for 4.2. Levente
>
> 1 is a Compiler bug, but it requires a lot of work to fix. 4 is also a
> bug in the image, though it may require VM changes to fix it.

I think 4 can be fixed from the image but since my first attempt was too
naive we shouldn't wait for it. I vote for declaring it an expected
failure until we've figured out how to deal with it properly.

5-7 are probably just missing in VMMaker. I would coordinate with David
to see if we can get these into the interpreter (#7 actually *is* in
VMMaker but no VMs have been built with it).

> 7 is a VM bug IIRC. Do you know why is 8 failing?

See above for 7. 8, I suspect, may be a side effect of running tests in
a particular order.

Cheers,
   - Andreas