[squeak-dev] 4.2 tests status

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Jan 20 17:53:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Chris Muller wrote:

> We're down to just the following failing tests (2202 VM):
>
> 1 CompilerExceptionsTest>>#testUnusedVariable
> 2 DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesMAtoMM
> 3 DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesSNtoSZ
> 4 ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction
> 5 MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorAt
> 6 MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorInstVarAt
> 7 ProcessTest>>#testAtomicSuspend
> 8 StandardSystemFontsTest>>#testRestoreDefaultFonts
>
> This is the list when run with the latest Cog VM:
>
> 1 CompilerExceptionsTest>>#testUnusedVariable
> 2 DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesMAtoMM
> 3 DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesSNtoSZ
> 4 ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction
> 9 FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd

This one is passing for me.

> 10 MorphicUIBugTest>>#testShowAllBinParts
>
> 1, 4, 5, 6 and 9 are VM-related and cannot be fixed for 4.2.  Levente

1 is a Compiler bug, but it requires a lot of work to fix. 4 is also a bug
in the image, though it may require VM changes to fix it.

> said he would integrate fixes for 2 and 3 from the Inbox.

Right I'll do that as soon as I'm ready with the stdio changes/fixes,
which I'd like to push to 4.2.

> 10 has a very strange failure on the Cog VM for which I will post
> details in a separate message.
>
> That leaves just 7 and 8 which only fail on the 2202 VM, but work on the Cog VM.

7 is a VM bug IIRC. Do you know why is 8 failing?

Levente