[squeak-dev] Re: Possible Background fix

Mirko Kapps mirkok.lists at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:53:11 UTC 2011

On 22.01.2011 19:30, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> Cool:)
>
> The reason I didn't put background on the default theme: I didn't know how big your display was. I think the default themes should supply a nice set of subtle gradients for the background, personally. This also keeps the image small.
>
> That said, backgrounds add a lot of "friendly" and I could be completely wrong here; I'm grateful that Juan added background capabilities to the theme engine.
>
> What do other people think?

Hi Casey.

Thanks for the theming. That's something that a newbie like me can
easily start to play with! :-)

I too think that the default theme shouldn't have a background image
(or at least a small seamless one that can be tilled). I just don't
know yet how to do that or how to make a gradient (I currently learn
about the Form class)

I'm also so brand new to Cuis that I don't know where to stop and
not to exaggerate in adding feature (otherwise I had made
#setbackground: to accept also an Array, so one can provide a Color
or gradient as a fall-back in case the file is missing)