[squeak-dev] NetNameResolver localHostAddress returns 0.0.0.0 in FreeBSD

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Wed May 18 20:02:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Elliot Finley <efinley.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was wondering what happens when the routine finds two active interfaces,
>> but for anything other than a router that would be unlikely, if not
>> dangerous.
>
> I disagree.  I have several boxes that are on two separate networks,
> thus two active interfaces and they are not routers.

Yup. I run virtual machines (VMware, not Smalltalk) for development,
and that also tends to result in a lot of interfaces and IP address.
My desktop machine has 3 active interfaces and 3 addresses. One of my
virtual machines has 2 interfaces, with a total of 5 IP addresses, and
the other has 2 interfaces and 2 addresses.

We should probably just get rid of that primitive entirely.

Colin