[squeak-dev] Pristine recent 4.4 image?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Aug 3 12:00:01 UTC 2012

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Frank Shearar wrote:

> This is a bit of a strange request, but anyway. Is there a blessed
> trunk image lying around somewhere more recent than #11925? I ask,
> because if I take that image (the latest one in
> http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/) and try update it, I get an "Error:
> Unmatched string quote" while processing update-eem.210.mcm. I vaguely
> recall this happened around the last GetText changes?

That must be a bug with that image. I just ran an update from a fresh
Squeak 4.3 image and it got updated to the latest version in 2-3 minutes
without hiccups.

Btw, I'd like to see 2 CI jobs which test updating. One that updates from
the previous release and is ran daily. The other is ran from the previous
update. Ideally this would be triggered by a change done to the Trunk (if
a change is done, then wait 5 minutes and if no other change occured,
then start the update).

The first one would only ensure that updating from a previous version is
not broken, the second one could be the basis (the updated image) for
running the test, loading/unloading packages and running the tests,
running the tests multiple times, etc.

> At any rate, if someone has a blessed, more recent, image lying around
> I'd be grateful. (The idea is to take such a thing, write a script to
> update from trunk, and then run the tests. That tells us that Trunk's
> working.)

See above. :)

Levente