[squeak-dev] Cannot update latest trunk changes

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 15 19:43:12 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 06:51:07PM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 15 December 2013 17:28, Nicolas Cellier
> <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When I browse trunk repository, I only see .mcd for the latest changes, not
> > the .mcz.
> > The update does not load these.
> > Did something change recently?
>
> I'm seeing something similar. I can update to Morphic-fbs.702, but I
> can see versions up to 705 in the repository. Trying to update doesn't
> fetch those versions.
>
> One thing that might have affected this - but I'd have expected to
> hear bug reports a week or two ago - was my changes to updating,
> moving the setSystemVersion logic from Utilities to the
> MCConfiguration.

Updating has probably been broken for a while. I was having problems
with it a couple of days ago, but I had enough other problems getting
my working image updated that I did not think to say anything about it.

> Otherwise, I've played around with update-fbs.270, changing
> Toolbuilder-Tests to ToolBuilder-TEsts, and moving it before Morphic.
> But I wouldn't think that would break anything.

I don't know the background on this, but I have a Toolbuilder-Tests
package that is marked dirty. I'm assuming that you moved the tests
to ToolBuilderTests and that you now want the Tool[Bb]uilder-Tests
package to be empty. If so you may need to save the empty package
one final time, with a commit comment explaining why it is empty.

Dave