[squeak-dev] More on Trunk.

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sun Dec 29 13:16:34 UTC 2013

On 29.12.2013, at 14:07, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 December 2013 12:27, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> the current trunk image cannot be opened in the official[1]
>> Squeak Interpreter VM:
>>
>> /Applications/Squeak\ 4.2.5beta1U.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak\ VM\ Opt /Users/tobias/Downloads/TrunkImage/Squeak4.5-13148.image
>> This interpreter (vers. 0) cannot read image file (vers. 6505).
>> Press CR to quit...
>>
>> What should we do?
>
> Be more specific, for starters :) "The current trunk image" - which
> image? From which build, or from the ftp.squeak.org site?

Ok sorry, It is the same as from my other mail:
	todays Trunk image (Squeak4.5-13148#712) (NameVersion-Update#CIJob)

> I'd like "official" to mean "the build artifact of the
> ReleaseSqueakTrunk job", but until I fix that (hopefully today!) that
> approach won't work.

Well. here the forgoten [1]:

http://squeakvm.org/mac/ still gives
ALSO the 4.2.5beta1U as Latest Release…
We should do something about the site then.

> I suspect that you have Chris' image off the ftp site, because the
> SqueakTrunk job produces images in the 6504 format, as _should_
> ReleaseSqueakTrunk, were it not broken.

Hmp. Ok, I saved once before executing this and apparently, that
was a Cog vm. My fault.

Could we release a kind-of final Carbon VM (as the 4.2.5beta1U is) that
understands 6405? As in, this is the last CarbonVM built, like ever?
In case of “no”, nevermind :)

Best
	-Tobias