[squeak-dev] The Inbox: CommandLine-fbs.3.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 20:27:30 UTC 2013

One issue is it doesn't do the opposite when starting headful.  If the
headless image _saves_ and exits (a use-case I have now, today), then
is relaunched headful later, the default ToolSet is not put back to
the preferred headful tool.

I think setting the CommandLineToolSet needs to be an explicit action
by the command-line user, whether from the .st script or by virtue of
using SmalltalkImage>>#run: (or equivalents).  Since that is part of
the command-line interface so the user could expect command-line
enhancements to be done.

I think startup: should only do implementation-level stuff -- e.g.,
unhibernating type activities.  Domain-level stuff (e.g., preferences
and other image domain objects) should be controlled via explicitly by
the user, such as through command-line arguments and/or .st script
invoking a top-level method.