[squeak-dev] continuous display of cursor position

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 09:14:18 UTC 2013

On 1/4/13 6:45 PM, "Ken G. Brown" <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:

> Have you been able to run this in the latest Squeak4.4-12327 on Cog 2640?
> On my Mac, InfoMorph openInWorld fails:
>
> InfoMorph class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #openInWorld
> Receiver: InfoMorph
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aMessage:  openInWorld
> exception:  MessageNotUnderstood: InfoMorph class>>openInWorld
> resumeValue:  nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> superclass:  StringMorph
> methodDict:  a MethodDictionary(#cambio:->(InfoMorph>>#cambio: "a
> CompiledMethod...etc...
> format:  150
> instanceVariables:  nil
> organization:  ('step' step stepTime)
> ('as yet unclassified' cambio:)
>
> subclasses:  nil
> name:  #InfoMorph
> classPool:  nil
> sharedPools:  nil
> environment:  Smalltalk globals "a SystemDictionary with lots of globals"
> category:  #SqueakRos
>
> Ken G. Brown
>

> [see attached file: InfoMorph.st]
> ?
You was right and Houston, we have a problem
Because if you check the hierarchy
ProtoObject
  Object
    Morph
      StringMorph
        InfoMorph

And Morph openInWorld also fails, which is a serious bug.
I using my own derivate images for long time, so don't see this problem.
Now check with older VMs....

And yes Morph openInWorld fails.

Later I updated from trunk for see which change break this.

Normally use the attached for years and on any Squeak , Cuis and Pharo 1.4
It's initialized in red and adhere to top edge, then I do find window,
select and embed into DokingBar, so have position of mouse and current
Change Set

Thanks!

Edgar