[squeak-dev] FreeType

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Oct 31 04:24:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:59:21PM +0100, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> I have created a repository for maintaining the trunk 4.5 branch:
>
> MCHttpRepository
>     location: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FreeTypePlus'
>     user: ''
>     password: ''
>
> FreeType requires a plugin.
> It is pre-compiled and distributed with Pharo VM, so it's the easiest way
> to test it...

The FT2Plugin is built in to the unix interpreter VM.

Smalltalk listBuiltinModules select: [:e | 'FT2Plugin*' match: e]
   ==> #('FT2Plugin 23 January 2011 (i)')

Eliot, perhaps you can add this to your next Cog build also?

Nicolas, thanks for setting up the SS3 repository. For VM building, we
load FreeTypePlus into the image in order to get the pool variables
in FT2Constants. Maybe this can be moved to a package (FreeType-Constants
or similar) so that a VMMaker user can load just the constants?

Dave