[squeak-dev] Logging progress during an update

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 21:59:26 UTC 2013

In my continuing CI tribulations (which hopefully are now drawing to a
close) I have reached a point where I have a new problem: builds time
out on Travis CI (which runs 'rake test' on every commit to the GitHub
repository) because Travis thinks the build has hung, because of a
lack of timeous logging.

I thought I'd log progressive updates, like "loading
Monticello-foo.1234" or similar. I can't quite make sense of things
though. I thought perhaps I could just catch ProgressNotifications or
ProgressInitiationExceptions, but neither worked. Does the update
process throw progress-displaying exceptions that I can catch? Is
there another way of logging the notifications to stdout?

Thanks!

frank