[squeak-dev] shortening the World menu

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:43:43 UTC 2014

The World menu is quite tall and has several redundant and/or unused
items in it.  Here is a proposed list of entries to remove:

Browser
Workspace
Transscript
Test Runner

(The above four because they're available from the open... menu).

previous project
jump to project...
save project
load project

(The above four because they're either accessible from the
"projects..." menu or should be).

undo -- because it doesn't work.

authoring tools...
playfield options....
telemorphic...

(The above three because they're application-specific -- let Etoys
register Service Entry's or whatever).

make screenshot -- All OS's have this.

That's 13, count 'em, 13 useless entries from the World menu we could
get rid of.

Also, note, we have a preference called "simpleMenus" which could be
used to reconcile any differences we might have.