[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections.spur-ul.586.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 28 23:39:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 03:21:15PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>

> > On 28.10.2014, at 22:31, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> > SqueakSource. I shouldn't be hard to fix it for someone who knows how
> > SqueakSource works, and what the new formats are.
> > >
> > > SqueakSource uses the available Monticello.
> > > This obviously means that the ???old??? monticello is incompatible to
> > > the Class formats of SPUR, right?
> > >
> > > Arguably.  But simply update Monticello to Monticello-eem.592 or later
> > and there's no problem.  Can we not do that for the SqueakSource image?
> >

> > Should be possible. But I have no access to it.
> >
> > While we are at it; can we make provisions for
> > GemStone class formats? They differ ever so slightly
> > and it is really hard to keep all in sync.
> >

> I wouldn't know, but perhaps you could take a look?  I had to do very
> little to support a new format.  The one method I needed to modify was
> MCClassDefinition>>#kindOfSubclass

Tobias,

If you do anything with this, please let me know if I can help. Your
own work on SqueakSource is more advanced than whatever we are currently
running on squeak.org and squeaksource.com, but if you want or need access
to those images I'll make sure you can get a copy. I don't think that we
should make them publicly downloadable because they may contain passwords
and personal information.

Note that I am not really a squeaksource expert, I'm just trying to keep
squeaksource.com running reliably. I'll try to update Monticello in a
copy of the existing squeaksource.com image, but if you have something
better that includes Gemstone support I would be happy to follow your lead
if possible.

Dave