[squeak-dev] Balloon3D - dead or alive?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Nov 16 23:55:44 UTC 2015

> On 16-11-2015, at 2:10 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> It has always been part of the "standard" unix releases up through the
> last one the Ian published on squeakvm.org. I don't recall ever having
> fixed any 64-bit issues for this, which means that it probably does not
> work on 64-bit host. However, I expect that it should still be healthy
> on 32-bit platforms.

So it is; and the context of where I found the code locally implies it at least used to build on the Pi. The platforms/Cross code is still in the Cog tree, too.

I’m puzzled where the code is coming from Dave; I just peeked at the plaint VMMaker package and it doesn’t include the B3DEngine classes, so what are you doing to produce it? Or is it simply being inherited in the SVN tree?

It’s probably not worth pursuing too hard if no one is able to nor interested in keeping the Balloon3D stuff alive as well.

tim
Bad command or file name.  Go stand in the corner.