[squeak-dev] Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:20:16 UTC 2015

Hi Marcel,

    I'm having a go at fixing the tabbing indent behavior.  I can't live
with selecting interior text (text that is past some sequence of whitespace
at the beginning of a line), typing tab to replace the selection with tabs,
and have the line indent instead.  If people want the indent all they have
to do is select within whitespace at the beginning of the line.

However, when I opened up the browser to inspect the Editor, TextEditor,
SmalltalkEditor hierarchy I was misled into thinking that SmalltalkEditor
was a sibling of TextEditor rather than its subclass because
SmalltalkEditor is indented so little w.r.t. TextEditor.

To reproduce, open up a browser and navigate to Morphic-Text Support, then
look at TextEditor and SmalltalkEditor.  I think you'll agree that the
indent needs to be larger.

I'll fix tab indenting if you fix browser indenting ;-)

best, Eliot