[squeak-dev] Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 02:25:32 UTC 2015

Eliot, no worries, from my initial reply in this thread, I've agreed
with you that typing a Tab should insert a Tab character.  That's why
I wanted to move the indent function "out of the way", by requiring a
modifier key.  The problem with that is platform support.  "Sensor
kbdTest" reveals no sensitivity to Shift+Tab in Linux nor to
Control+Tab in Windows.  At the moment, yours is the only solution we
have.

I agree about typing tab characters, I even want to type a tab
character at the time which has now been filtered out.  Indentation is
popping up and surprising me, its still too intrusive.

I want to find the best solution which balances our expectations of
when a tab character should be typed with keeping the Indentation
function as accessible as it can be.  IMHO, we have not yet found that
best optimal balance yet.