[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-kfr.1048.mcz

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sat Nov 21 19:26:34 UTC 2015

On 21.11.2015, at 18:51, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> ProgressMorph can by definition not be the standard widget since it is not used at all in the image.

But we're talking about Applications that are not in the base image, aren't we?
It's like saying, "nobody in the Qt framework uses this widget, remove it", when
actually, the users cannot be expected _within_ the framework but rather as users of
the framework. Just because our bundled morphic tools/applications have no need
for such a progress bar, does not mean that non-base-image applications have neither.

Marcel made the case for a simple "questionnaire application" where you would want
to indicate progress throughout the questioning process. The system progress bar
would be unfit, as it is designed to be used modally (see examples of both progress morphs).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making the case for keeping things (the ProgressMorph in this case)
just because, but to make sure we are not deprecating/obsoleting stuff that would
count as framework outlet point or "public widgets".

:)

Best regards
	-Tobias

PS: some other widgets that are unused in the base image
	JoysickMorph is only in Flaps
	MorphHierarchy (?)
	SelectedObjectThumbnail
	BackgroundMorph
	BasicButton
	(And others in the MorphicExtras-Widgets category)