[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 5.1 Code Freeze -- Trunk still closed; first release candidate(s) available

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Aug 19 00:34:06 UTC 2016

> On 18-08-2016, at 5:13 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> {snip}
>
> Note how the various major/minor variables are 4+ and not 4 etc. I guess this is what is causing the comparisons to fail? That ‘re’ needs some massaging.

To get past that quickly I commented out the broken bits. It then proceeded to try to create the security/limits file even though it isn’t required. The ensure_conf_file needs to depend upon the kernel level.
I had a secondary problem due to having unzipped the package on my Mac which left .AppleDouble files around; ideally that ought not cause a problem if the `find` call is a bit cleverer. Why does it descend into .AppleDouble before checking the local dir?

tim
Oxymorons: Good grief