[squeak-dev] Open meetings (was: Adding Chris Cunningham and Tony Garnock Jones as core developers)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 8 13:34:39 UTC 2018

Hi Edgar,

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 06:34:24AM -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> This is a very good new.
> Bravo for all 2018 Boards members.
> And a proposal .
> We need "bench" members like sports teams.
> Board could meet on open channel as regular basis and the rest could join as
> observers.
> As way of web meeting my suggestions goes to Discord as do not have the
> limits of Slack

I like your idea of holding open meetings. There are some times when the
board needs to discuss something privately. For example, there are rare
cases where inappropriate behavior on the mailing lists needs to be
discussed. But most of the time, the board is discussing things of general
interest.

I don't know anything about Discord, and for me the the Google hangouts
have been working well because I can access them from my cell phone or
from my Linux laptop (sometimes I only a cell phone available). I also
like the connection to shared google docs for agendas and note taking.

I do not know if there is a way to make the Google hangouts available for
people joining as observers but if there is a way to do it, then I like
the idea.

Dave