[squeak-dev] WebClient httpGet: 'http://freegeoip.net/json/' works on windows not linux

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Feb 16 00:56:52 UTC 2018

> On 15-02-2018, at 2:04 PM, Louis LaBrunda <Lou at Keystone-Software.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tobias,
>
> I'm working on a Raspberry Pi 3 with Raspbian version 9 (stretch).  I think it is a version of
> Debian.

For readers not familiar with Pi, that is the default OS provided by the foundation right now.

On my older-setup weatherstation Pi, `ldd SqueakSSL` lists various stuff including libraries for libcrypto & libssl. On my newer-setup, it fails to find them, just as Louis reported. By contrast,
`dpkg -l | grep libssl`
finds (on the older setup)

ii  libssl-dev:armhf                      1.0.1t-1+deb8u6                           armhf        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development files
ii  libssl-doc                            1.0.1t-1+deb8u6                           all          Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development documentation
ii  libssl1.0.0:armhf                     1.0.1t-1+deb8u6                           armhf        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries

and on  the newer, non-working one

ii  libssl-dev:armhf                      1.1.0f-3+deb9u1                      armhf        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development files
ii  libssl-doc                            1.1.0f-3+deb9u1                      all          Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - development documentation
ii  libssl1.0.2:armhf                     1.0.2l-2+deb9u1                      armhf        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
ii  libssl1.1:armhf                       1.1.0f-3+deb9u1                      armhf        Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries

I have no idea why that wouldn’t work. I can only shrug and say ‘unix, eh?'

tim
I asked Mom if I was a gifted child ... she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.