[squeak-dev] Autocompletion (was: Re: Malfunction in OCompletion)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 11 23:36:27 UTC 2019

> On 2019-09-11, at 3:55 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Now, I don't even worry about Control+0, I just
>
>    type the partial class name right in the method I'm editing,
>    select it (Cmd+w), then Cmd+b to browse,
>    find the method, Cmd+c to copy,
>    Cmd+ESC to close the window,
>    Cmd+v to paste over the selection I used to browse.
>
> Pretty hard for any completion system to beat that.

It might be nice if the drag/drop of a method from a browser message list to a text pane resulted in the name of the method being pasted instead of 'compiledmethod{largenumber}'. Perhaps with a shift-drag/drop to paste in the MyClass>>thisMethod type of reference?

tim
The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach.