[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-ct.1537.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Sep 21 19:01:58 UTC 2019

Does anyone remember for what scenarios this method was written here? Why should it be specific to Morphic?

The one scenario I could think of was a ProjectViewMorph pointing to its own project. But in this case, the current Trunk implementation actually does not work but gives you an infinite number of security checks.

>From my point of view, this condition should not be handled in a Project, but in the corresponding ProjectViewMorph, which decides whether to actually delete the project or only the view. Would you agree with that?

I wonder how we can make this check in the view because usually (at least in Morphic), a ProjectViewMorph is wrapped by an "anonymous" SystemWindow where the latter sends #okToClose to the model. Is there any special reason why we do not have a simple ProjectViewModel with ToolBuilder and dedicated #okToClose implementation? This would make things so much easier ... Hypothetically, one could then rewrite the current ProjectViewMorph as a wrapper for the ProjectViewModel, just for compatibility reasons.

I would be glad to hear your opinions :)

Best,

Christoph