[squeak-dev] TinyWiki headings related bug and oddness.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 25 22:38:00 UTC 2019

Some discoveries in this matter;

the strangeness with the headings for the swiki actions and references lists was down to the not terribly obvious css provided by SSwiki>style method, wherein we have
.wikifooter h1 {
	display: none;
}
.wikifooter .list:before {
	content: "References: ";
	font-weight: bold;
}
which (as best I understand it) means anything in <h1> tags gets not-displayed and then the bolded 'References:' gets stuffed in before the actual list. So, pretty confusing by virtue of the same word being involved. And, let's be honest, by a not very helpful name for the method; something a bit more descriptive like #cssStyleInfo might have been nice.

> On 2019-09-23, at 5:31 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> After all the recent fun of getting a version of squeaksource running locally, fixing some bugs and slightly improving the security, I noticed that on the swiki pages the headings were just plain wrong. This problem is easily observable on the main squeaksource.com site too.
>
> The parsing rules say that
> !heading
> should produce an html
> <h1>heading</h1>
> tag - but in fact we were getting some weird junk looking like
> Which doesn't seem quite right. It renders as
> 1heading
> - definitely not what we wanted.
>
> I tracked it down to a fairly silly and very old bug in TWViewer>visitHeading: that took a bit of head-scratching to solve, for reasons largely to do with the fact that there are NO DAMN COMMENTS anywhere. Whoever wrote that - please accept this virtual nose-poke.
>
> I found two other places where the same problem was occurring due to a different aspect of the same bug, but I can't see what on Earth the html is actually doing. For example, in TWWiki>renderWikiReferencesOn: the produced html is basically that shown above plus one or more internal wiki links. What we actually see on the page is
> where, a bit oddly, the References gets a colon added and bolded. There is one possibly significant difference in the html though, in that the <level> tags are actually <level1>. But I am no expert in current html and quick googling doesn't provide any immediately inspiring answers.
>
> If I change the references listing to a more sensible looking (to me) use of #heading: and #list:do: then we get the list of references but in a vertical list instead of a horizontal row, and weirdly the heading is simply not displayed. It *is* in the html though. Gronk?
>
> <TinySwikiHeadings.1.cs>
>
> tim
> --
> All new: The software is not compatible with previous versions.

tim
Strange OpCodes: RCS: Read Card Sideways