[squeak-dev] History Questions from Dan Ingalls

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 17:16:35 UTC 2020

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 1:35 PM Michael Rueger <lists at andience.co.nz> wrote:

> On 7/01/20 12:33 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 6:45 PM Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de
> <mailto:bert at freudenbergs.de>> wrote:
> >
> >     (please keep Dan in cc when replying)

Yes, being highly inspired by Sophie project! I had developed in 2006 -
2007 an educational multimedia disc on art - "Whistler and Russia", which
was published at Russia State Tretyakov Gallery (after convincing the
gallery to abandon Macromedia Flash & Director in favor of all in one
Squeak!). It uses heavily Tweak and Sophie's XUL programming interface for
GUI and of course the famous launcher.
https://krestianstvo.org/docs/about/projects/#multimedia-cd-on-art---whistler-and-russia-2006

Another one published Squeak based multimedia disc was based on Seaside Web
server, running from CD-ROM without install. But it forces the user to run
the portable Web Browser for interacting with it.
https://krestianstvo.org/docs/about/projects/#multimedia-cd-on-art-aivanov-watercolorgraphics-bible-sketches-2007

Best regards,
Nikolai