[squeak-dev] Roassal3 status update and how to share work?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Mon Oct 26 12:07:33 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

I have been saving my work via monticello and the mcz's are available at ftp://menmachinesmaterials.com/

Let me know if I should do the git/fork thing...

The status of the RSChartExamples is....

RSChartExample new example01Markers open.

RSChartExample new example02ScatterPlot open.

RSChartExample new example03Plot open.

RSChartExample new example04WithTick open.

RSChartExample new example05WithTick open.

RSChartExample new example06CustomNumberOfTicks open.

RSChartExample new example07AdjustingFontSize open.

RSChartExample new example08TwoCharts open.

RSChartExample new example09LinearSqrtSymlog open.

RSChartExample new example10BarPlot open.

RSChartExample new example11BarplotCombinedWithLine open.

RSChartExample new example12ScatterPlotAndNormalizer open.

RSChartExample new example13AreaPlot open.

RSChartExample new example14AreaPlotWithError open.

RSChartExample new example15AreaBox open.

RSChartExample new example16Series open.

1xRSChartExample new example17CLPvsUSD open.

2xRSChartExample new example18Animation open.

==1x & 2x

What is the error.

MessageNotUnderstood: LinearGradientPaint>>isTranslucent

in BalloonEngine>>registerFills.

RSBallonCanvas (BalloonCanvas) >>drawGeneralBezierShape: contours color: c borderWidth: borderWidth borderColor: borderColor

"Draw a general boundary shape (e.g., possibly containing holes)"

| fillC borderC |

fillC := self shadowColor ifNil:[c]. <<here, this is a LinearGradientPaint, not a Color

borderC := self shadowColor ifNil:[borderColor].

self ensuredEngine

drawGeneralBezierShape: contours

fill: fillC

borderWidth: borderWidth

borderColor: borderC

transform: transform.

What does a successful chart look like at the same spot? Pharo never gets to that point.

1xRSChartExample new example17CLPvsUSD open.

2xRSChartExample new example18Animation open.

both error in the same spot.

2xRSChartExample new example18Animation open.  actually opens the Balloon thingy and displays the chart before crapping out with the same error.

Debugging that will take me a month, maybe you folks can do it in seconds.

I am going to continue poking at the examples in the framework to see what sticks.

Cordially...