[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-ct.959.mcz

Christoph Thiede christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Apr 17 17:25:23 UTC 2021

Hi Subbu, hi all,

apparently, Nabble has mixed up two different threads here, but I hope I
will keep track of the original conversation.

I think indeed a button bar in the change sorter could be something useful.
Nevertheless, I believe this would be a bigger change than my original
proposal and personally, I would not find some time for it soon.

Thus I would like to propose to merge this patch as-is for the moment,
provided that you agree with the idea in general. A small menu item should
not harm, should it? :-) For me, this menu item has been very useful in
recent times, it just makes the dual sorter easier to access. As soon as
anyone other finds some time for adding a button bar, we can integrate it
there, of course.

(Apart from that, I would rather dislike using the grip you also proposed
because IMHO, it would increase the overall visual complexity of our tools,
but that's only a personal opinion. :-))

Best,
Christoph

-----
Carpe Squeak!