[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1803.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 23:53:49 UTC 2021

Hi Marcel,

I've experienced the situation Jakob did before and, yes, it's frustrating,
but because it's extremely rare, I think this solution is worse than the
problem.  I type quick expressions in code panes all the time, using Cmd+l
to quickly get back the original code.  This prompt makes that use case
unbearable, and I doubt it'll be effective for avoiding losing work,
because the user will simply develop a habit to press Cmd+l+[Return] very
quickly as a single gesture, losing their work.

A much better solution would be for Cmd+z to simply Undo back to the last
state prior to Cmd+l being pressed.  No prompt, but full control.  External
text editors do this, BTW...

 - Chris