[squeak-dev] fileout workspace contents on accept preference issues

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Dec 30 19:32:13 UTC 2021

> On 2021-12-30, at 12:00 AM, Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Funny, I recently stumbled over this as well. It would be great if things could be improved in that area. As for the file extension: I would suggest using .ws.st.

Sounds sensible to me.

What I've done so far is
 - clean up the Workspace creation when editing a file; this had the advantage of making it work in MVC properly
 - make the 'workspace with contents' use that, though I still ought to changed the Service to clean it up
 - make the 'edit' button use the Workspace too; I think that should replace the 'workspace with contents'
 - make the FileList class>>#openFileDirectly use it.
 - make FileStream class>>#edit: & FileStream>>#edit use it

That stuff is all pretty simple clean-up that *could* go into the release if Marcel agrees; he's the ReleaseManager and his word is The Law for now.

Attached is a copy to try out if you're interested