[squeak-dev] Unicode Ranges you might want to copy

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:57:42 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:52 AM Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>

> Do you have any code for testing this, a workspace perhaps?  If so, could
> you post it here?
>

> Eliot
> _,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

Eliot -- I'm having a problem tracking down any of the images I had when I
was playing with this last year. However, some of my issue was documented
in this mailing list exchange
<http://forum.world.st/TrueTypeFont-and-Unicode-Characters-td5115825.html#a5120376>.
Note that in my examples I'm using the Assurbanipal ttf font available here
<https://www.hethport.uni-wuerzburg.de/cuneifont/>. My recollection is that
the cuneiform (and perhaps other ancient script) fonts use unicode points
that are higher than what Squeak's font handling is able to deal with. For
example, all of the cuneiform stuff is from U+12000 to U+1254F.

--
Eric