[squeak-dev] Text editor menu simplified

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jan 26 01:43:22 UTC 2023

> On 2023-01-25, at 3:06 PM, Stephen Travis Pope <stephen at heaveneverywhere.com> wrote:
>

> I invite others to send out screen shots and code for other options for the text/code editor menus.

Excellent plan.

Even though I'm the Official SpokesBabe for Smaller Menus, it was a visceral shock to see how small you had managed to make that one. Decades of habituation just made it look... wrong, despite everything.

There are decent arguments to be made for having a nice preference tool to allow people to have whatever options they want from a nice pool of possibilities but that has complications. Menu items come from explicit lists, constructed lists, searches for pragmas, and probably some other sources I haven't remembered.

tim
Bad command or file name.  Go stand in the corner.