[Squeak-doc] Web team, Doc team, and Swiki cleanup

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:22:38 UTC 2007

Cross-posted to both the web team list and the doc-team list.
Sorry.

In the postscript to my last message to the web team, an old
uncertainty I have had for a while crept up. What is (or should
be) the separate duties of the web and doc teams?

By my understanding, the Web team is solely responsible for the
maintenance of the www.squeak.org site. I started the Doc team,
because I saw a lack of good tutorials, but mostly what I have
been doing is Swiki cleanup, which seems more like website
maintenance work. The other members of the doc team have been
writing tutorials and screencasts, but not me.

This is not really a problem until one wants to collaborate with
others on a particular cleanup task. Simon Michael has said he
would be interested in such a task. Perhaps Swiki cleanup could
be a joint effort between the doc team and web teams, and we
could host a "Page of the week/month" type focus. That seems
quite on target with the web-team list, where folks gather to
discuss page edits. Might that be a good idea? If so, where
should it be hosted? on the web team list? the doc team list? or
on the Swiki? I don't want to have to cross-post again.

If there is interest, I know just where to start... ;-)