[Squeak-doc] Re: [Webteam] Web team, Doc team, and Swiki cleanup

karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Fri Jun 8 09:10:46 UTC 2007

Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> Cross-posted to both the web team list and the doc-team list.
> Sorry.
>
> In the postscript to my last message to the web team, an old
> uncertainty I have had for a while crept up. What is (or should
> be) the separate duties of the web and doc teams?
>
> By my understanding, the Web team is solely responsible for the
> maintenance of the www.squeak.org site. I started the Doc team,
> because I saw a lack of good tutorials, but mostly what I have
> been doing is Swiki cleanup, which seems more like website
> maintenance work. The other members of the doc team have been
> writing tutorials and screencasts, but not me.
>
> This is not really a problem until one wants to collaborate with
> others on a particular cleanup task. Simon Michael has said he
> would be interested in such a task. Perhaps Swiki cleanup could
> be a joint effort between the doc team and web teams, and we
> could host a "Page of the week/month" type focus. That seems
> quite on target with the web-team list, where folks gather to
> discuss page edits. Might that be a good idea? If so, where
> should it be hosted? on the web team list? the doc team list? or
> on the Swiki? I don't want to have to cross-post again.
>
> If there is interest, I know just where to start... ;-)

The Swiki is the whole communitys  responsibility. But is needs
attention, lots of it :-)
I'm not sure where to start tho. And the content on the Swiki seem to go
stale fast.
There has been several attempts and suggestions etc of updating and
building other
means of documentation but none has surfaced that I know of. I guess its
just the "do as
much as you can" that will make any difference...
Karl