[SqueakDBX] Re: Re[2]: Running the tests on Squeak 3.8.2 and MySQL 4

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Oct 8 20:05:51 UTC 2009

Hi Mariano,

MMP> What I would love is if you have a mysql4 database public
MMP> so that I can connect from my machine at any time. If you can

earliest tomorrow I can contact someone who knows how to set that up.

Unless you know how to do that in Windows.

Any time is hard because (due to the limited IPV4 address space) my
DSL is disconnected every 24 hours (don't know when) so I guess we
need to go through dyndns service.

If you have a windows machine at home I could zip up a Mysql and tell
you which exe to doubleclick. No setup, delete the folder and it's
gone. It runs on Win95,98,NT,2000,XP and can live on a 486. On XP I
could show you how to setup or disable the firewall. Older windows
don't have one.

MMP> send me ip, port, username, pass and database in a private email,
MMP> I can test it. I do SqueakDBX at night (not at work) and
MMP> Argentinian night is VERY late for you haaha.

Germany is three hours ahead of Argentina right? So maybe we can find
a common time.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net