[SqueakDBX] SqueakDBX and MSSQL server

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Aug 21 18:59:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

i read through the list archives to find out how to connect to a MSSQL
server under Win XP.

Which dlls do I need?

From my MySQL experiments I know that I need the backend dll which I
took out of a mail from Mariano (Hi Mariano, how are you?) and a client dll
from MS.

Some mails suggest I also need the freeTDS library but the website
says freeTDS is for Linux.

So where to get the TDS library (if necessary) and what's the name of
MS client library?

As our ERP system uses ODBC to access MS SQL server and SqueakDBX also
has a class DBXOdbcMSSQLFacility maybe it's easier to go through ODBC?
Speed is not an issue, I expect no more than a few 1000 elements in
any result set.

Also which port to use to connect to MSSQL?

I welcome every suggestion.

Cheers,

Herbert