[SqueakDBX] Yet another pool for connections.

Panu Suominen panu.j.m.suominen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 08:03:35 UTC 2010

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I have coded yet another
pool for connections (and other objects too).

I asked before about connection pooling for Glorp. I was given some
list of solutions but there were also mentions
that there might be bugs. I got the impression that the quality of
those solutions was unclear.
Because of this I tried to create my own solution with proper tests. I
divided the solution to general object pool that
mimics the way Apache commons pool works
(http://commons.apache.org/pool/) and then created
SqueakDBXPoolingDriver that uses the pool.

Currently the code is not in production use but it will be soon.
Also the Driver part is currently not tested because I have not have
time to come up with good solution for testing it.

The code can be found in http://www.squeaksource.com/ObjectPool

Any suggestions are appreciated.

--
Panu