[SqueakDBX] Re: Problem deploying image from OSX to Linux

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 20:57:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM, John Toohey <jt at parspro.com> wrote:

> I set OpenDBX current: nil, and now it uses the Linux driver, but have the
> Unable to FInd Function Address error. According to the docs, the library
> should be called libopendbx.so, but after building and installing on my
> system, I have libpgsqlbackend.so, and no file called libopendbx.so.

Yes, OpenDBX current: nil was the way to do it. I will add this to the
website documentation.
Sorry, I thought I have added a reset method, that does that..but no.
Anyway, in next commit there will be.

Regarding the library, how did you install OpenDBX in your Linux machine ?
compile and install ?  using a binaries ?  Because yes, you should have 3
things:

- libopendbx.so  which is the "core" and generic code for opendbx
- libpgsqlbackend.so  which is one for each database (one in your case)
- the postgres client libraries.

Did you see this link ? maybe it is of help

http://www.squeakdbx.org/Compiling%20for%20different%20backends/Common%20steps%20and%20problems

And this one:

http://www.squeakdbx.org/Compiling%20and%20installing%20OpenDBX

Cheers